Monday, March 30, 2009

unexpected blessings

Today, awakened with a start by the phone, I realized I was going to miss late teachers meeting. OOPS...being part time, it is an option. Then however, I was awakened again...My husband letting me know that morning classes and afternoon classes had been flip flopped. Now I had to slip into high gear. The test was ready, we wouldn't have to fight after lunch sleepiness; this is a good thing. Best of all, because it was late Monday, 7th period dropped. At 10:36 AM, I was done. Time to write a new test and prepare for other things this week. Or...I could go home and work on neglected projects. I am now free with the day ahead of me! Unexpected blessings and sense of gift to my day. Thanks Lord.

Softball, golf, weight lifting, and junior play practice have started. Gearing up for the end of the year, as people begin counting down. Paul still limps and felt the winter storm that came our way (before it got here), Aaron continues to build strength and agility,(both still struggle w/ pain and endurance at times) and Josh seems ok. The big prayer map at school is down, and the Seniors graduation board is going up. Mrs. Schimmer rotates between her wheel chair and walker, and she actually has her own shoe back on the right foot. She's learned how to bake from the chair and commands the seniors quite well from there. The crushed foot is still struggling w/ moving fluids back up and swells... they are working on that. All in all, its great to see her "bustling about" in her "wheeled" way. Life has obstacles and trials...they make us grow. But God means it for good, to grow us up.

Most of the biggest blessings that I can think of are not things at all. After this last "birthday" weekend for my daughter, my cup feels quite full. What a privilege to hang out, laugh, enjoy a cappuccino, cake with extended family, to love, to enjoy together, and to give gifts both silly and useful, to enjoy a meal cooked by my son, and hear the laughter of my son(-in-law). [Not sure why we must delineate "the son-in-law", he's just adopted and a son.]

Posts are a oddity to me, a public journaling, and a mystery as to what to write. I forget to check others blogs, as I obviously forget about my own. But.. here I have published a subsequent blog. Who knows, someone might actually read it. I guess that is the point after all.

2 comments:

Lilibeth said...

Quite the point. And the fact that those who care can read it and agree. Truly God has blessed us and continues to be ever present in these times. I'm cherishing even the silliness of my students today, and the sun finally breaking through the clouds.

Carina said...

Well, I've added your blog to my bloglines, so any time you do decide to post a little something, I'll know about it and can come read. You have a lot to say to the world. Don't be afraid to say it if you'd like.